The Andalusian Defensive Architecture Plan (PADA) justifies the legal protection of all Andalusian defensive architecture based on the historical condition of the region as a border of kingdoms and civilizations. It supports by using the Decree of April 22, 1949 on the protection of Spanish castles; to the subsequent Law 16/1985 on Spanish Historical Heritage, which declared Bien de Interés Cultural the assets included in the Decree of 1949; and extending the term “castle” to the more generic of “defensive architecture” or “military architecture”. However, the fortification of the twentieth century in Andalusia hardly has any protection. Devices such as the north shore of the Strait or the Bay of Cádiz remain unnoticed and abandoned to their fate.
The objective of this contribution is to present this device: the defensive network of bunkers for machine guns and / or anti-tank guns executed in the surroundings of the Bay of Cádiz and the mouth of the Guadalquivir River (from Chiclana de la Frontera to Almonte, passing through Cádiz, Rota or Sanlúcar de Barrameda, among others). Due to the territorial condition of the system, georeferencing and parametrization tools will be applied to the original planimetry located in the Southern Military Intermediate Archive of Seville, deepening in what was the setup and tactical sense of the works around 1945.