- Topic 1. Historical research. Historical Cartography. Archivist. Treatises. Construction history. Biographies (Duke of Maqueda, Antonelli, Vespasiano Gonzaga, Acuña, Hayreddin Barbarossa Escrivá, los Fratin, Cermeño…).
- Topic 2. Theoretical concepts. Military Engineering. Defence to “modern” way. New concepts. New ways to defend the kingdoms. Creating shields. The artillery. Utopian projects.
- Topic 3. Research on Built Heritage. Architectural Heritage. Study, knowledge, dissemination. Castles, towers and fortifications. Intervention and Conservation of Architectural Heritage.
- Topic 4. Characterization of geomaterials. Mineral-petrographic, geochemical and physical analysis. Study of the alteration processes. Historical and conservative archaeometric investigations. Operative proposals for restoration. Relationships between physical-technical properties of construction materials and their use: differences and similarities in the Mediterranean.
- Topic 5. Digital Heritage. Digital survey, from 3D laser scanner to photogrammetry. Advanced 3D modeling techniques. Advances in graphical representation. Digital reconstructions. Virtual reality and augmented reality.
- Topic 6. Culture and Management. Interpretation and adding value. Fortified heritage and citizen identity. Management of castles, towers and fortresses. Partecipatory management systems. Management and cultural tourism.
- Topic 7 Islamic Defensive Architecture. Forts, fortresses, urban walls, castles, towers and watchtowers…
- Topic 8. Miscellany. Other topics not included above, but compliant to the main topic of the Conference.
The official languages of the Conference in written and oral presentation will be English, Spanish, Italian and French.
Abstracts should be submitted in the official languages and papers must also include an abstract in English.
Simultaneous translation will NOT be performed at the Conference. For a better understanding, presentation texts must be written in English.